Tuesday, October 27, 2009

People Who Died


Mixed Media on Paper
h: 50 x w: 38 in
$650.00 + Shipping
Contact Me to Purchase

At age 13 I became consumed with Messianic delusions of my fate to be an African American Indian Chief / second coming of a Christ figure. I became obsessed with paranoid fantasies of being a saviour of lost peoples, peoples who died. This lasted for two years and culminated with a nervous breakdown in the emergency room of the local hospital while my father lay unconscience slipping in and out of a comatose state. A few months later I would survive an attempted overdose of prescription sleeping pills. I would eventually come out of that haze but I would still continue to struggle with serious mental health issues and although my current state is much improved every day is still never taken for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment