Monday, October 5, 2009

Nowhere


Acrylic On Canvas
h: 80 x w: 48 in
$1250.00 + Shipping
Contact Me to Purchase

When I was about 14 years old a group of kids who had enjoyed messing with me in the past brutally assaulted me at a park near my house. It was one of the early traumatic events that defined a great deal of my childhood. It was one of the causes for my descent into madness that would last from my early teens into my early twenties. I will never get that lost weekend back but I am certain I am the person I am today as a result of those experiences. This painting deals with that experience in the most explicit sense. It is called Nowhere because at that point in my life that is where I felt I had left to go. I felt trapped like a wounded animal in the universe's crosshairs, nothing to gain and nothing to lose, just bidding my time until the endgame made it's final move.

No comments:

Post a Comment